Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sprinkled with Love

Another photo montage?! A birthday tribute of sorts....

How lucky can a girl get? I don't even have photos to commemorate everything that was showered on me in the form of phone calls, texts, and e-mails including a little bird singing me a birfday song on my voice mail; a lovely vino and some chocolate covered strawberries; a new scarf; door-to-door work delivery with a smile; dinner at my favorite Chinese restaurant; game night, which had nothing to do with games; beautiful flowers and sugar-ridden de-lites from Happy Cakes; and to top it off a delicious dinner at Chez Maillet - the hottest bistro in town. I'm not one to drag my day out, but my entrance into 34 felt more like a birthday week. There was no grand party, no fire-ridden cake, but rather a sprinkling of mini-celebrations, which left my heart happy. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you felt special on your day. Or days rather. I like that concept....a birthday week. You always find the joy in the small gestures and that's why I love you. I felt some guilt about not having a fancy package for you - in pretty paper. Or even a card for that matter. But I'm glad the wine and strawberries made you feel our love. We just wanted you to know that we cared about you on your birfday. Everyday.

    ReplyDelete