Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall in Love

The world of leaf blowers never made sense to me until we moved in to this neighborhood. Everywhere, Fall accosted us with beautiful colors and a crisp blanket for our feet to crunch. The leaves took center stage and truth be told, I couldn't have been happier because I love Autumn, it feels like my "season home"


November entered and we packed in our scarecrow and tractor; the leaves were lassoed by rakes and blowers and taken away in a huge truck. The lawn revealed itself again, ready for hibernation, ready for the winter snows.


This is one of the last trees to shed it's leaves in the neighborhood. I realized the other night when I was looking at it in the twilight with it's orangey-pink glow, that I hadn't taken any photos of the leaves because I was too busy just enjoying the colors (and because my camera phone does not do the colors justice). So this is what I have to show for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment